Established in 1959, the Arizona Nursery Association is a professional trade organization dedicated to the promotion and advancement of the nursery industry for its members and the publicthey serve. The business of the Association is conducted by a Board of Directors who are elected by the membership. The work of the association is carried out by the staff which is based in Tempe, Arizona and have statewide coverage.
The Arizona Nursery Association was formed for the following purposes:
- To collectively work toward solution of problems common to all in the nursery industry.
- To conduct educational programs for the nursery industry.
- To promote better understanding of nursery services, plant material and the use of garden products by the general public.
- To promote a code of ethics and high professional standards within the industry.
- To protect the nursery industry by providing interpretation of laws and regulations effecting it.
- To promote cooperation between different facets of the green industry.
- To cooperate with state authorities in combating horticultural pests and diseases and in the protection of native plant life.
- To promote and encourage the nursery industry to better serve the ultimate retail consumer.
- To provide speakers for public events, garden clubs, schools, etc. to explain the different facets of gardening.
- To provide a workmen’s compensation group insurance plan for the members of the association.